Access to the school is difficult in the mornings, due to its location at the end of a dead end and in the heart of a district undergoing rapid demographic expansion.
A school bus service is available for students who wish to use it and it serves the main districts of Kuala Lumpur: Ampang, KL City Center, Mont Kiara, Desa Park City, Sri Hartamas, Bangsar, Damansara, Bukit Tunku and T.T.D.I.
For your information, you may click on the link below to access a plan of the city giving a guideline of the journey time by bus to the school, district by district:
Go for the school bus!
The school bus service also generates fewer greenhouse gas emissions and atmospheric pollution per person using it and is in line with the LFKL’s sustainable development policy. Therefore demonstrate your civic-mindedness and register your children for the school bus service; you will in this way help us reach to our objective of 80% of users and to negotiate the best rates for you.
Registration to the school bus service
Some operational rules
The school bus service transports children between their home and the school, to pick up at and return your children to the address indicated at the time of registration.
For obvious reasons of responsibility, security and organization, it is not possible, unfortunately, to transport a child on a one-off basis to and from an address other than the one mentioned on the registration form.
- All the school buses are fitted with safety belts. It is compulsory for every student using the bus service to wear their safety belt and keep it attached for the whole journey.
- It is also compulsory to remain seated during the whole journey, up until the bus comes to a complete standstill.
- Children must enter and exit the buses calmly and with discipline.
- Good manners and respect towards the driver and the other children are essential at all times.
- It is forbidden to eat, drink (except water which is permitted) and smoke in the school buses.
- All buses are equipped with video surveillance (CCTV) whose records are kept 48 hours.
The school bus service is offered in the morning and in the afternoon.
In the morning, the pick-up time is organized so that the children will arrive at school, at the latest, at 7.50 a.m.
In the afternoon, we offer 4 departure times from school at 2.50, 4.30, 5.30 and 6.30 p.m. 5.30 departure time does not exist for lines to PJ and TTDI.
On Wednesdays, the departure times are at 12.30 and 2.30 p.m.
It is up to everyone to respect the bus times in the morning. Kindly ensure your children are punctual and ready at the bus stop a few minutes before the bus arrives. The bus driver will not wait more than 2 minutes after the set departure time, to avoid delays building up at the other stops on the route.
To enable us to manage occasional absences better on return journeys, kindly inform us in writing by email at the bus service address (Click here), ideally the day before or if that’s not possible, on the day itself before 10 a.m.
In case of absence in the morning, you can inform Suria by SMS to 012-260 95 04
Fees for the 2020/2021 academic year
Fees in RM
Sept to Dec
Jan to Mar
Apr to Jun
|AMPANG / KLCC / DESA PARK CITY / SUNGAI BULOH / PJ / TTDI||1580||1185||1185||3950|
|TROPIKA / NUSANTARA / DUTAMAS||1136||852||852||2840|
|BUKIT TUNKU / BANGSAR / BUKIT DAMANSARA||1420||1064||1064||3548|
|MONT KIARA / DESA SRI HARTAMAS||1185||889||889||2963|
Payment of the bus service fees is made directly to the LFKL at the same time as the school fees.
The following fees are additional to the fees mentioned above:
- RM275 first enrolment fees if applicable (non-refundable) and
- RM110 in administrative fees annually.
In case of exceptional need
If you want to use the school transport service on an exceptional basis, tickets are available at the secretariat, by book of 5 tickets (15RM / ticket). Contact the bus service 48 hours in advance to ensure that there is seat available and to book your seat.
The Bus Office is open:
– in the mornings from 7 a.m. to manage last minute changes. In this case please make it a priority to contact Suria at 012-260 95 04 (in English)
from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to manage registrations and respond to all your questions or requests.
Contact: Madjid BELKACEM-FILALI at 016-229 44 29 or 03 6250 44 15 – ext 10.