Student Support Service
A real interface between the teaching teams (the teachers), the management of the school, the students and their parents, the Student Support Services’ department (vie scolaire) is at the heart of the education system. It is organized around the different cycles under the responsibility of the Head of Student Support Services, (CPE) Mr. MARIN.
Working with his team made up of 7 supervisors (surveillants).
At the LFKL Student Support Services is made up of:
• A High School Student Support Services office and an office for the Head of Student Support Services (CPE) in the annexe.
• A Secondary School Student Support Services office located at level -3 of the main building.
The Head of Student Support Services is in contact with families to monitor the students’ absences and answer the families’ questions. They work closely with the school’s management team, the teachers and principal teachers to ensure the smooth running of the students’ schooling, with respect to both results and behaviour. The Head of Student Support Services participates in and chairs the class council meetings.
The supervisors, under the authority of the Head of Student Support Services, ensure the students are able to move smoothly around the school and are in charge of the morning reception and the departure of the students. They supervise the primary school playgrounds, the sports grounds during the midday break, the lunch break and the supervised homework time on Wednesday afternoon. They are in charge of the Lower Secondary School Students during their study periods outside class hours. They are also in charge of school visits for new or future arrivals.
The Student Support Services’ department participates together with the students and teachers in educational activities within the school and to the elections of class representatives and to the Secondary and High School Council.
Important Information :
• The Student Support Services’ offices are open from 7.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. from Monday to Friday (apart from Wednesday: 7.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.)
• The Upper Secondary School students enter and leave through the main gate.
• The Lower Secondary School students enter and leave through the main gate.
• It is forbidden to smoke anywhere in the school and around it.
• The « common room » located in the annexe of the Lycée is strictly reserved for the Upper Secondary School.