During the containment period, all of these sites are offering their services for free:
- Une histoire et Oli Classic stories for children up to age 7. Stories read by authors or famous people, duration about 10 minutes.
- Les histoires en musique d’Elodie Fondacci
Stories read with classical music in the background, from 4 to 10 min, sometimes in several chapters. A podcast by Radio Classique.
Children’s literature books. 8 to 20 min.
Original stories for 4-8 year olds. From 1 to 12 minutes.
Featuring stories published each month in the magazine, in the form of a podcast of 4 to 6 min.
- The Orsay Museum, offers you 5 great stories by Claude Ponti, inspired by the gentle monsters of Léopold Chauveau
- 3 albums de Tintin
To mark the 90th anniversary of the reporter, France Culture recorded “The Blue Lotus”, “The 7 Crystal Balls” and “The Temple of the Sun”, each in five 24-minutes episodes.
1 episode of 59 minutes, with lots of sound effects, music and different voices of actors.
- Souffleur de rêves offers a few stories to listen to for free (the rest is chargeable – You set the price you want to pay yourself) – from 3 to 8 years and over
- La voix Haute (up to 10 years old) – 145 fantastic episodes.
- Short Edition
- Kidstory – 19 tales of 5 to 15 minutes
- It’s playtime revisits the great classics by mixing French and English, from 6 years old.
- Arte Radio, Guillemette offers 7 fictions with a soundscape
- Whisperies provides free 800 animated stories and audio books for download on iOS or Android. (by age group – from 3 years to 10 years and over)
- Free stories for kids of all ages in six languages- English, French, Dutch, IItalian, Spanish, Japanese.
- The Facebook page of KLPAC offers ‘It’s Storytime with Uncle Joe and Aunty Faridah’
Other audio websites – for culture and leisure
- Promenades Imaginaires au Musée d’Orsay offers 13 fascinating stories to discover works from the Orsay museum (from 8 years of age)
- Salut l’info ! de France Info et Astrapi (up to 10 years of age) : news and current events about children
- Mythes et légendes (up to 10 years old ) : stories to discover myths and legends from around the world
- Les odyssées (7 -12 years) : 25 episodes of 10 -18 minutes to discover the lives of famous historical figures
- Petit Curieux (up to 10 years of age) : over 150 one minute answers to questions children ask. You must subscribe to access the podcasts.
- Bloom –thematic playlists with audio capsules. Stories, games, reports…(recommended for 8 years and below)
- Les dents et dodo: 75 three minute episodes to learn things while brushing your teeth (for children under 6)
- Les P’tits Bateaux: A France Inter podcast. More than 50 episodes, each episode answers 4 or 5 questions from children (up to 10 years old).
- La puce à l’oreille: A Canadian children’s postcast site to broaden your horizons. More than 38 episodes, from 5 to 35 minutes (up to 12 years old).
- Radio bambou: 49 episodes of 8 minutes to talk about ecology (up to 10 years old).
- Maman j’ai raté l’actu, a news podcast for 8-12 year olds, currently 14 episodes are available, with links to discover different topics.
- Et voilà, Children voice their experiences and opinions (for ages 8-12.)
- Wild, an interactive animal podcast, 1 episode of about 20 minutes per week (up to 10 years old)
- Radio Pomme d’Api Radio Pomme d’Api is a children’s radio that parents listen along to. Discover the wonderful world of oral literature through songs, nursery rhymes, stories and poems. Presented by talented artists whose voices bring the stories to life – from Anne Sylvestre to Alain Schneider, from Henri From to the King of Dads, from Jo Akepsimas to Pascal Parisot, ZUT or the P’tits Loups du Jazz. Listen to the best contemporary storytellers /actors and a wide choice of musical genres.
100% English podcasts
- 6 minute English to listen to on Deezer, Apple Podasts or Spotify.
- Children Stories BBC’s animated short stories to help children learn English
- Smash Boom Best ! A debate show for kids and families. If your children are proficient in English, these podcasts will spark discussions between adults and children.